Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A school

Posted for Doris Wong:

As long as I tried to talk about my personal relationship with organizations, I am confused with which kind of organizations should be talked about. I wanted to talk about something that is related to my values. In recent years the most difficult struggle to me is the teaching experience I had last year. Teaching in a high school to me is like speaking with other people's voices. Some voices from the education department, the parents, the principal, the pupils but not your own. I still remember my colleague asked me to talk about "The Last Supper" but not mentioning anything about religion. How can one learn about Western Art history without knowledge of Christianity? Because of the different Gods of the international pupils, the art history is written in a new way. I must say that I found myself not suitable to be a teacher because of all these sorts of occasions. I quitted my job because I don’t understand why the school rules stated that girls can have long hair but boys cannot. Do you guys remember that there are teachers’ comments on the exam reports? When I was the class teacher last year, I got a word file of 120 sample comments. When you comment on a pupil, you can choose from those 120 samples. I felt myself writing “Arcades Project” when finishing the reports.

No comments: