Thursday, June 26, 2008

An Artist

An artist

Being an artist can be a simple thing. If you are the sort of Vincent Van Gogh, it can be simple. No more Vincent nowadays. Maybe there are some but not me obviously. I get my works showing, then, there are many of the third parties involved. There are relationships between my works and the audience, me and the art space/ organization, etc. When I was a student, I thought that being an artist is the freest life I can have. Today I still believe in it. It is free but not free absolutely. In Hong Kong, artists are free from the market. But whatever I do, I just cannot get rid of the rules of art. I just cannot explain what the rule is as breaking the rule is already a rule to me.
Let’s forget about the metaphysical things. Recently I am preparing a show in an art gallery. I feel too tired already when preparing the draft idea, budget plan, installation draft, etc. I cannot meet the deadline of sending the images. I am so guilty about this experience, I feel like I am meeting the deadline of being an astist.

No comments: